Sunday, January 22, 2006

New do,more me.

Before...
After!
So, I get this new haircut (thanks Dave). I am not one to be shy with my hair. I like to go extreme. Anyone who knows me probably never saw my hair in it's natural state. (with the exclusion of my husband and parents) There is usually strange color, highlights, tons of product and some unusual style. I don't like main stream, "Jennifer Aniston", everyone has it style! When we moved to SoCal this summer, budget was a little tight. No money, haircut somehow doesn't seem priority. So, when I got this salon package for Christmas I could hardly contain myself! A little obsessed, I started dreaming of what was next in the hair portfolio for me. I was thinking about it everyday all day, as I put my "old hair" into a ponytail! Yes a ponytail! I had somewhere along the line lost my hair identity. Something happens to me when I get a new style. I feel more like myself. Maybe it is that I look more how I feel. I love to go against the "Conservative Christian" grain! That is why I pierced my nose. I felt free! The real me can come out. I am not the lacey collar, flowery dress wearing kinda Christian. I like to cause people to think,"Well, maybe God wants me too." "Maybe, I just come as I am to the Lord." "Maybe, Jesus isn't just for the suit wearing, got it all together people." No one really has it all together! Not even the suit wearers. We all sin and fall short of the Glory of God. No matter what we look like.

1 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger David said...

Great pic of the new do and your welcome, thank you for all your generosity to me. You're a GREAT cook and made me feel at home. Interesting about the "do" clothes and nose ring, it does help not to have the same-o Christian image out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home