Friday, January 27, 2006

All you need is love?

I have been stewing on this commonly used phrase. "All you need is love." (-Lennon/McCartney) What does that even mean? Maybe it means if I love people everything will be fine. Or that if people love me everything will be fine. What happens when there is reciprocal love and something still goes awry? Do we blame the "love" or maybe we weren't doing it right or others are to blame. That sure is a lot of pressure for a broken human being.

Here's what came out of my thinking cap...God is love. There is no amount of trying to love people, or the other way around, that is going to fill the hole in my soul. People are always going to let me down, and for cryin' out loud I am surely going to let others down. There is only one way to deal with this world. The hope that Jesus Christ is Lord, came to this earth to blaze a gnarly trail and provide a way for me to come to God the Father...that is Love. Notice that he didn't and never will let us down. So, really, all you need is God.

2 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger Me & Me said...

If all you need is up to each person, according to what is in thier heart we are all in serious trouble. Because our hearts give us away.

Everyone screws up the definition of Love. Our hearts are the last place that we can trust to have that definition right.

If it is left up to us, we chase after dreams that mean nothing: money, stuff, feeling good, happy and on and on... Yet Jesus said, true love is (literaly) giving up your life. How many of us can say we are doing that??

Love for most of us begins, and ends, with us.

Do I live and serve for others? Or me? Upon reflection, I know, that my heart creates its own definition of love. And that definition is NOT the same as the Jesus definition.

God IS love; and all we need is CHRIST.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Me & Me said...

Jesus Christ is the best!! True dat...double true!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home