Thursday, March 09, 2006

Drum roll, please...

Hey, I am back.

I am going to be bold and venture to say that I cannot have a relationship with my Lord, with out the discipline of prayer. It is just ridiculous! It makes no sense. It would be non-existant! And it is so often the case! I fall into times when I don't talk to God, or more importantly, I don't listen to God. Or even try to hear Him. And I have every excuse in the book. I am too busy. Everyone needs me. I am too tired. I don't want to. On and on. But would I treat my husband the same way. We would have (and have had) a non-relationship if we didn't talk. There was a time in our marriage that we worked opposite shifts. I would keep the kids in the morning while he worked and he would be on with the kids in the afternoon/evening while I worked. We ended up seeing eachother for about 1 collective hour per day. And that time was spent giving update on the kids (what they ate, if they pooped, ya know the usual). And the other time was spent trying to coordinate the next day. A pretty poor picture of a deep meaningful relationship. Thank God we are out of that. Relationships take time, energy, work and sincerity. I have heard it said that "Prayer is the conduit to the all important relationship with our Lord and Savior!" If we aren't plugging in...there is NO power. Whoa dude!

1 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Me & Me said...

I remember those days of opposite shifts. I absolutely hated that period. If I remember right, we both said we would never do that again.

Depth of conversation is not the issue at first, but regular conversation is. Come as Children. We know what that looks like. Unfortunately we also know (by "know" I mean the feelings of not being listened to, feelings of disapointment etc.) what its like when Dad or Mom are too busy to pay any attention to us. This transfers (not on the surface) to our reluctance to come to God in ANY way, much less a trivial ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home