Thursday, February 09, 2006

What are we doin' Mama?

Calvin and I took a walk on the beach today. What a wonderful time we had. The lazy waves were crashing very gently and the sun beaming on us without a cloud in sight. For a while Calvin ran ahead stopping to throw big rocks into the sea, looking back to see if I was coming. Then we walked slow together looking for shells, my son asking "What are you doin' mama?" Me answering, "We are looking for shells, honey." We came to a pile of wood, mostly skinny sticks, but there was one big stump. We sat watching waves and talking about what we were doin'. On the way back down the beach we held hands making foot prints in the wet sand, all the while my youngest son looking up at me with sweet eyes saying, "What are we doin' mama?" And me answering with our plan. Isn't that how God is? Always here watching us as we stop to throw big rocks, or sitting with us on the stump and always answering our question, "What are we doin'?" I think that is what he wants from us. To continually be with Him. Contiually look back for Him. Look to Him for the answers to our questions. Rest in Him.

2 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Me & Me said...

you are right about that! If I let them, my kids teach me the most!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Me & Me said...

What a beautiful picture of you and our boy. Made me tear up.

My friend Mr. Greathouse, said something very similar in a conversation we had a while back. That God was waiting for him to sit in His lap, to tell Him how his day was, to ask simple (or not so simple) questions, and most of all to be there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home